
Happy Birthday Dr. King!
I know this man has made an impact in America, but also for me and others around the world. Thanks for being and living the difference :) I hope to also live the dream out loud.
Here is quote of his I gathered from the book I read in Spring '05 for my African American History class:
"Leaders are needed...in every community all over this nation..NOT leaders in love with money, but in love with justice. Not leaders in love with publicity but in love with humanity."
I saw a flier in the store this past week about campaigning for a new U.S. Department. It is a campaign to establish a dept. of PEACE. This is something that I can see myself getting involved in. You can visit their website and find out more at www.thepeacealliance.org
Oh, also, check out the picture on Google today, it's heartwarming :) (I don't know if they will change it throughout the day, but I don't think so)
No comments:
Post a Comment