Wednesday, November 29, 2006

HELP SAVE OUR BLOGS!

I am campaigning on behalf of my hubby's blog. And mine too in some ways. Our switch to beta blogger was a misfit. I already explained what happened and why. I have written a 'post' on Google's group "Blogger Help." No one has replied. :(

So...if you know how we can sucessfully transfer Jon's blog to a new user account/profile, and therefore change the current profile for just me, please let us know! I don't want him to have to delete his entire blog. That just makes me sad. And I am upset that no one has replied to my post and I have no idea how to contact the blogger reps (I have looked all over for their e-mail, and there is no FAQ that adresses this issue).

If you can help we appreciate it so much! We are counting on our faithful readers :)

4 comments:

Sheila said...

I can tell you that once I emailed them with a problem on the 8th of the month and heard back on the 23rd. Karl was his name, and he was very helpful; it just took a while to hear from him. Once I did, we had several messages back and forth that got answered the same day. I think they must get TONS of emails. So, don't give up. I wouldn't take any steps until you've waited at least that long for a reply.

That's my two cents worth.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sheila for encouraging me to persevere! After reading your comment jon and I tried again (for Jon had alrady) to follow the directions for transferring blogs. We found a bug, which was that on beta there is no 'remove' icon, which is the last step to take to transfer a blog to a different account. But because you insisted I kept looking hard for a way to contact them, and there, at the very bottom of the page of Buzz help, in small print, was a link for sending them an email. So I will wait. Hopefully by the beginning of next year we will have an answer to our dilemma! Thanks!

Amy T. S. said...

What is beta logger anyway? I can't tell the difference other than I can't seem to comment on some blogs (maybe yours, too?) Let's give it a try.

Wrye Family said...

Beta Blogger is a new software they are trying out here on blogger; it is in conjuction with google, I guess the new 'owners' of blogger. We've contacted them about this but so far no response. Yes, you were able to reply! You get 10 points girl!