I was reading different blogs recently (a new non-written resolution of mine, to keep up with blogs I like) and I discovered a few great pearls of wisdom about what is important about making resolutions.
Practical:
On The Simple Mom's blog post on NY's resolutions, she discusses about the importance of creating habits and how much more effective that is than just making a whole entire resolution and hoping it will come to pass by the end of the year. The way to create lasting habits is to start with one small step at a time. I should know that, but an eager 'eater' like myself, I tend to bite off more than I can chew. My first habit change should be choosing smaller bites, and not just when it comes to food. I am not sure how I will start with this, but I am going to try for the next few weeks to focus on one thing that I want to do, and make sure I take small steps. For example, even though this is definitely not a top priority, this coming week I have decided to just let myself get my Homemaking Notebook in order. I'll share more about this and all the free printables and ideas about creating one I found online. All the information about them was a good thing as well as not so good, because now how do I simplify and create what I need from all those ideas? Well, I'll let you know how I've worked it out later on! My main challenge will be to NOT waste time finding the 'perfect' little design to print for my cover!
Inspirational:
Another great thought comes from this mom at Inspired to Action who is actually learning about 'getting things done' from her seven year old, who read the entire Bible in less than a year. I am so impressed as well as so utterly challenged and convicted! How did she do it? Simply by doing it, one page at a time, anytime she could (choosing to read the Bible in her free time over other things). The main thing that hit me is that she didn't talk about wanting to do it. She just started doing it. It was something just for her to think about and not to talk about with others (wanting to have something to 'show' like I might have done). I have a cousin as well as a sister who seem to get things done all the time, finishing what they have started. I have always thought that they have a gift. Perhaps it's also because they just don't waste time talking about things and just do them!Perhaps if I would follow that example and not blog about all I want to do....
No comments:
Post a Comment