J-man is starting to pseudo-crawl! He pushes himself across the floor at a pretty good speed, pushing on those strong legs and with his elbows, and obviously getting himself places I rather not want him to be. Sigh. It is beginning to look like Christmas for him! And for me, it is time to get the discipline thing going. "No Jeremiah, you can't have that/touch that/get into that/play wiht that." That's the easy part. The hard part is consistently showing him you are serious and keeping a watchful eye on what he does next! Testing his boundaries already!
But I did feel like a bad mama the other day when I was not watching and he quickly got from the carpet to the kitchen's hard floor and, having this need to gnaw on everything like a little puppy because of his teething (no teeth yet, but his gums are sure bothering him!),
BHAM! He slammed his face into the floor as if it were mush cereal. Immedietly he started screaming and giving this loud cry of pain. My heart just broke. How could I have not been more careful. I go there and think "Sounds like it's really bad" and sure enough his upper lip was bleeding. He buried himself in my arms and got blood on my shirt! I gave him a wet rag with an ice-cube in it and let him suck on it. He was so distraught that he fell asleep while I rocked to comfort him.
As you see, his new crawling place is our coffee table. Paper and books are great chewing toys for him!
2 comments:
All those firsts! 8^) As painful as it is, please don't try to protect J-boy from too much. He needs to meet challenges while still under your watchful eye & where you will be there to dust him off & set him back up. How else will he learn lasting lessons?? I always looked on my 'job' (duty?) as a parent as one that would prepare this child to live without me one day. And that can be a really hard job! And it is one that starts the day you get them!! And that is about as close to philosophical as I can handle!
Blessings,
gk
LOL! My mom would agree with that, and so would I. I try to remember that this is God's child. I am helping him to grow and learn, not keep him in a gift box. Let him grow and learn...but he still is a baby! :)
Post a Comment