I know. I can't believe I am sharing this. However, I am also going to share something that happened today that makes me feel more confident about telling everyone of my goals and thus making myself vulnerable of being teased if I don't live up to it.
I have three new year resolutions.
1. Read the Bible. Everyday. At least a paragraph. I don't have to understand it or even like it. In fact I plan to journal about it. But I will do it. With the grace of God!
2. Finish my correspondence course on writing children's literature. I am a bit ashamed to admit that I have completed only 3 of 12 assignments in the last...ahum...2 years. I have already paid it in full, but if I give a couple hours a week to work on it I should be done within a year.
3. Lose weight and get into healthy, active habits. I have an even more specific goal which will go unmentioned for now. This, to me, actually seems one of the hardest objectives for I have an emotional eating habit I need to work on and also a bad attitude towards workouts.
But the good news is that today I put a pair of jeans thinking it was one of the newer ones I was given but instead it was my PRE-PREGNANCY jeans!!! Woo-hoo! I am on the way already. I guess getting sick actually paid off. Perfect timing for the holiday season.
Sure, the jeans are not a perfect fit yet, and my hope is that they will actually be too big to wear in a few months, but it is a start.
Another reason to share: I have a lot to do that does not involve being on the computer. In fact, I really need to curb the time I spend 'surfing' the net. Butyou can always reach me at my email, so do not hesitate to contact me. Every comment you leave goes directly to my inbox.
Just a click away :)
2 comments:
I'm right there with you on the 'losing weight' objective. Since September I've dumped almost 20 lbs. in spite of a long weekend on Kauai, 2 weeks in Japan, one week on a cruise ship, Thanksgiving AND Christmas!! Wow...I'm doing way better than I thought. I owe most of this to my friend, Beth, who dragged me off to the gym at 7:15 every day til I got into the habit...and to Weight Watchers where I've learned WHAT to eat and HOW MUCH to eat. WE CAN DO THIS!!! GO US!!! Almost time to shop for new clothes! 8^)+
Ooops! Forgot to sign it, but I imagine you know who this is!
gk
Post a Comment