"Hi, my name is Miriam and I am an internetaholic."
If you follow the link above you can take a test on internet addiction. I scored 41, and so I am not addicted but I probably spend too much time anyways! I might not be what is considered 'addicted', but I do come close because I fantasized about what my posts will be and what I 'need' to get done or search online quite often lately. Especially since I've learned we will go without it!
That's right: Just one week or less after realizing I need to spend less time on the internet God provided a need for us to get rid of it al together! And I know I will miss it!! We have a lost some extra income. The first thing that Jon and I both thought of was getting rid of to take car eof that was to stop cable internet. We don't care for cable (well, I enjoy watching episodes of Law and Order) anyway, but internet, that we are attached to because it gives us a chance to connect, through e-mail, skype and blogs, to our loved ones around the world. Yet, I find myself too often doing stuff that isn't as important as connecting to others when I am on it. How ironic of me. My friend Sheila posted a really interesting article on her blog about this subject matter and that is where I got the first link!
I plan to keep the blog updated as often as I can and I hope, for everyone here, I'll be learning to write shorter and better posts!
So don't think I'll be gone from the blog world, I'll be posting, e-mailing, catching up on your updates! And perhaps spending more time praying for you and thanking God for you!
p.s. One thing I am looking forward to doing more (with all my 'extra time' you know!): READING BOOKS ;)
1 comment:
In a way I am a bit envious of this experience you are about to have.
I wish you well, and hope that you will find many blessings through this time of being somewhat "unplugged."
Post a Comment