
So instead of that spring cleaning, how about some spring reading? Just take up a book and head out for the park. Remember to take an old blanket or something to lay down underneath a shady tree while the cool breeze blows on you as you munch on an apple under a sunny blue sky day and read a just as delectable novel. Doesn't that just sound like a perfect spring afternoon? Find out more about this SPRING READING CHALLENGE. Thanks Lisa B. for introducing the idea!
So what am I going to read this spring? I will have to get back to you on that because I have to many to think of right now! I know I want to read Vanity Fair with Rachel (I think she is way ahead), I am just waiting for the book in the mail. How about some of you giving me some other ideas of great books? What do you think I should read this spring?
p.s. As a family reading challenge, Jon and I are going to try and undertake Tolkien's Lord of the Rings Trilogy!
3 comments:
Andrew and I read the LOTR trilogy back when the movies were first coming out. We really enjoyed it!
I am always reading something... classics, juvenile literature, Christian fiction, devotional books, biographies... I just love to read!
Thanks for your comments on my blog, by the way!
I Love the LOTR Trilogy. They were my favorites growing up. I read them again when the movies were coming out and they are still somr of my faves.
Right now, I am reading the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke. I am addicted to the movies, now it is time for me to read the books!~!~!
Ah, books, books, books. I'll show you my piles of started, in the middle or waiting around books... Right now I'm in the middle of a good nonfiction: Jared Diamond's Collapse-How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed (same author of Guns, Germs, and Steel by the way). Very good read but LOTS to chew on. Then David, a fellow teacher (who teaches Chinese though! Studied at the University of Venice and lived in China) suggested Francesco Sisci's "Chi Ha Paura della Cina" (Who's Afraid of China?"). So far I've just read a chapter or two, but it's very interesting. This Italian writer/journalist is married to a Chinese woman and lives, works in China. THen one of my students who is a Friulano doc loaned me a book about WWI on the Italian-Austrian front: Emilio Lussu's "Un anno sull'Altipiano" (A Year on the Plateau): earthy,dry yet an uppercut to the jaw. But, darling,I have to tell you of a little (ONLY in size) book I just finished a couple of hours ago (and it took only about an hour or so to read). Another student of mine gave it to me. It's by a French writer I haven't read before: Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt's "Oscar et la dame rose". I cried but there was joy in the tears: you must read it. I'm going to get copies in Italian (I read in Italian) for friends here and for you and Sarah Valentina. It is beautiful. As I told this friend by email, it made me remember what I truly believe in but at times forget while living on the surface of things.
Post a Comment