Thursday, February 08, 2007

Tale Madre, Tale Figlia


Like mother as daughter, the saying goes...

And true enough, I am my mother's daughter. I used to think that it was somewhat silly that my mom would spend all her extra money solely on books. That is until I realized, after hours of thinking and agonizing on what I should buy, that I really just wanted to buy books. And guess what I did with all my Christmas money? I bought books. I am now very much at peace, and even secretly happy that I have such a fascination with books (that I read them all or not). This is a big part of me like it is with my mom. And I think my mom is great.
So now all my $ has gone to reading material... with some left for chocolate and cappuccino to go along with it. And if I ever get some extra again...you will know where to find me: browsing the bookstore (though in this modern age I might be inclined to buy them from Amazon..more books for me!)

I love you mom!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Here, here Miriam! There are days when I wake up and wonder how I don't have many clothes, then wonder where my money goes, then to fondness with all my wonderful books that all my money got spent on. I LOVE books and have since my mother read to me when I was young. I would rather have books that I treasure and will likely always treasure than clothes that will be out of style next year.

::Traci:: said...

Yes, yes choose Amazon. Browse the bookstore, but buy from Amazon - you'll get more books in the end! ;-)