
I am deemed a Souther girl. I have been here, oh boy, 8 years. (there you see, that, I said "oh boy") and just the other night I ran into my old high school teacher, Mrs. Lightle. She recongnized me. I said "Hi, remember me?" before I realized I said my married name, so she said, "Miriam Console! What is it now?" and "Are you still here?" Crazy yeah. Actually we did live in Memphis for a couple years. She looked at me and said "You lost your Italian accent"...Oh, that made me really sad. I have got that sweet little souther twang now, no one would know I was actually raised in Italy. I sound Arkansan all the way! (BIG sigh)
Oh well, my mom is a nice Southern gal, but with the greatest Italian heart I know, so I guess, it isn't too too bad. I have my Italian eyes and skin with a sweet southern american accent. LOL.
(But I am still Italian at heart!)
2 comments:
You may have a twang, but you do not sound like an Arkansan!
Thank you (((Sheila)))
Post a Comment