Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Tuesday March 8th: Buona Festa delle Donne!





 Tuesday March 8th, 2011
 International Women's Day & Carnevale, last day before Lent 


Outside my window...clouds and rain



I am thinking...Italy...I am missing home and life there...it's different. I'm different. I'm all grown up, married and with kids!...I've been listening too much Italian music today and it reminds me of the dreamy times I had as a teen listening to the radio....and singing with friends....and dreaming of my future...growing up and where would i go, who would i be....ok, too much reminiscing.



I am thankful for...'il dolce far niente' (sweet 'do nothing!) Sometimes it's okay to not clean up your messes  and celebrate life and blessings instead...(so I've been surfing Italian music instead)


From the kitchen...not much is cooking yet...but hopefully some yummy tilapia with bell pepper and olives (and maybe some rice krispie treats!)



I am going...to seek God for my city during Lent

I am hoping... and truly it's just hoping right now, to see Jovanotti, one of my favorite artists growing up who is going to be playing at Bonnaroo this April...but don't have the money for the full event (and really wish to only go to his concert)...hoping he'll be playing some other place in the Nashville area (so I'll think positiveSerenata Rap anyone? or Bella or now that I am a mommy and auntie to my own Lorenzo, this beautiful ninna nanna (lullaby) E' per te ) ?


I am hearing...well, Jovanotti of course- my Lorenzo 1994 zio Robbie bought me back in...'94!



Around the house...kids are dancing and learning italian rap ;-)


One of my favorite things...is enjoying music. I don't take the time to listen and today I listend to Chris Rice, Claude Debussy, Jovanotti and rediscovering a 'newer' Italian band Negramaro. I love the song Meraviglioso that was first sung in the late sixties by Domenico Modugno, another legendary Italian singer (Volare is his most famous song)



A few plans for the rest of the week: well it's the first week of project simplify over at simple mom. However I intend to simplify mostly from the inside out...I have too much on my plate, but mostly b/c of what smashes inside my head all the time, thoughts, ideas, feelings that I always feel I need to act upon. I always feel the need to do more and make more...vs. be more, enjoy more, just take my time more. Simplifying my internal life is harder for me I think than simplifying my surroundings. And I think I must start there to really make any differnce. Lent will be a great time to dedicate to that internal waiting, simplifying, transforming into something more quiet and alive, fully living the moment
 



 Auguri a tutte le donne del mondo! Dio vi benedica! 

1 comment:

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

Just thinking of you, sweet friend. :)