Friday, December 31, 2010

Family Update

So, how have we been doing? Well...good! I'd love to give a whole year's worth of updating, and maybe I will (so I can get a chance and look back at all that I've been blessed with!). For now I will start with a general update about us.

J-man, our four year old, is a superhero in training! He prays every night for superhero powers and thanks God for his super heart. He is learning that Jesus is a superhero, has lots of questions about God, but knows that he cannot see Him but He does live in his heart. We love to hear his prayers, although they might be a tad self-centered, they are still pure and filled with such child expectations. He will stop in the middle of things and pray "please, please God make it snow!" I definitely want to encourage him to keep asking God anytime, anywhere for anything....even if we might not know what His answer will be. I know I want to because I need to do the same thing. On  the other hand he is the one who can truly test my patience and drive me up a wall. He has a strong will, is still stubborn and independent, making 'obey mommy now' a test each time. I have so much to learn about being their 'character' coach, and helping him grow, but I humble in realizing how much good they are learning without me really making sure they do! That is because I am blessed with smart and loving children, and a very gracious God.

 Liv is our little 'just turned two year old girl. She is not a baby anymore, though I might want to call her that still! Her personality is coming out more and more each day. She still loves her pacifier (aka 'ciuccio', the Italian word for it that sounds like 'choo choo') but it's only at bed time now. Plus she knows she is a big girl, because she can tell you and talk to you about it! She talks in full sentences most of the time and it's just so precious to hear her put together a sentence to describe what she has seen or heard or what she might want. She is also our girl because she has already shown how she loves to help mommy put lotion on and watch her put on makeup at times. She enjoys sitting and playing with her toys more than Jman did at this age, but she still mostly follows him around and tries to do what he does (as well as annoy him by messing up his blocks or train tracks!). They truly love each other though, and often play and laugh together bringing me much joy. They also love being with people and get so excited when someone comes over. Though Liv will play the shy little mommy's girl and even fuss if I leave at times, she will immediately warm up and want to play and get to know someone. J-man has always loved being with others and will often ask about his friends.

 We really haven't had many outside the house activities lately, especially in the past few months, because everything kind of fell off the wagon when mommy (that is me) found out she was pregnant and very soon developed the tried and true 'first trimester' sickness. It was pretty rough this time around, even more than the last ones. I don't know if it was because it seem to last so long and for most of the day, or because I had two little ones to keep me busy, but I ended up spending two whole weeks away at relative's homes so that I could have some help with the kiddos. All that is in the past now, and though I don't have that much energy in me most times (not that I had a huge reserve before!) it is so much better not having to battle nausea all the time. I am slowly getting back into the flow of things (cooking our own meals and cleaning up, though not as thoroughly as I want to yet) at home as well as getting to participate in some social activities (and boy was I hungry for fellowship!), which was great timing being Christmas! So the biggest news for us is that a precious little new babe is coming sometime in June. I am showing pretty big already and just very thankful for this new little miracle, hoping and praying God will keep giving me the stamina and the strength to be my best, as well as peace for the rest of this pregnancy and beyond. I am not sure how crazy it will be with three little ones, but I am sure we will love it!

 Finally, let me brag some about my husband. I am constantly amazde how much he does for us in terms of work and providing for us, and still has such a great attitude and takes time to be with us at home, playing and enjoying the kids, even helping me with the housework! He is now actually working a second job, early early in the mornings. He has a paper route with the local newspaper and also throws some Wall Street Journals. He works from about 1:30 to 6 am most mornings and then goes to work around 8:30 and comes back at 6. His paper route is only Tue. through Sat. so he does get some mornings off, still I can't believe how hard he works! I know how blessed I am to have such a supportive and hard-working man! Especially one who doesn't even complain...I've got to learn some from him now :) His 'real' job is going wonderfully. He is a true software developer and has grown both in confidence and knowledge in his field. The best part is that he really loves what he is doing and learning, and his company is just terrific. I got to get together with all of his co-workers and bosses for a Christmas party and I was again reminded what a wonderful group of people they all are, truly a blessing for both of us. It got us thinking more about our future. We had not plan to move here when he was finishing up his degree back in 2008, but now that we are so blessed with this job we are considering settling in for longer. There are no mountain ranges or beautiful seashores to walk, something we have always dreamed of, especially hubby who is less of a city person than I am, but the fact that my husband job is something he really likes makes all the difference. So for the first time in our married life we are starting to feel, well, more grown up and settled!

 That was a bit more information maybe, but I hope that you enjoyed reading about what life is for us right now. There is lots more of course, but that will be shared in smaller doses throughout the coming year!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Great Miriam!! I'm so glad you're picking up your blog again:) I look forward to hearing more from you!

Rachel said...

So glad you are blogging again! Loved hearing about your two little ones and Jon's job!

katherine said...

I'm with Rachel and Angie. I'm so glad you're blogging again. I have read through all your posts and I love reading your thoughts. I wish we could have a face to face conversation and just talk about all of it, resolutions, goals, doing better, seeking the Kingdom. Want to come to Kansas City? We'd love to have you! And way to go, Jonny! Dylan's question was, "When does he sleep?!"

jonmatthew said...

sleep? what is this 'sleep' you speak of?