Monday, May 25, 2009

What I plan to do about blogging

I have a feeling no one is reading this blog anymore since it has been dormant for almost a year! A year ago I was already writing pretty sproradically and since our precious little girl has arrived and we have had big changes with that, a new job, a new move, I am realizing the time has come for me to seriously think about letting this blog 'go'. It has been a fun experiment for me and I am thankful for those of you who have commented, letting me virtually share my thoughts and ideas with you, a wonderful modern way to stay connected with others around the world. I still desire to keep a blog, a virtual journal, but my 'free' time is limited these days with two small children. Since we have family and friends so far away, across the ocean in many instances, like my own parents, I am planning on creating a more family news blog to keep my family and friends, near and far, updated. I used to think I wanted to keep blogging for my intelectual pursuits, but I come to realize that sometimes  I just need to share what my life is, especially since right now God is calling me to be more of  a "Martha" than a "Mary"- I might be a Mary at heart, but my season is at the home, tending to the domesticity of life. Of course, for those who know me, there will be lots of soul searching as I learn to grow in my roles with a young family!
 However I have come to realize that a more personal blog is better left either anonymous or kept protected with a password since I do not wish to share details of my life with the world. I am also hoping that I can further reach out through blogging on specific interests and subjects once I have a good routine and more night sleep! If there is anyone of you out there who is not in my immediate family and circle of friends who wishes to 'follow' my life story please post a comment and I will get in contact with you about it. And if not, I wish you the best wherever your journey leads you!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I would love to keep up with your family blog, Miriam!

Rachel Wagner

Brandon said...

I'd also like to read it as well!

Anonymous said...

Cara Miriam,
Tanti Auguri per il tuo compleanno ieri! Hai ragione, questo e' la stagione per noi di dedicarci alle nostre famiglie. Mi piacerebbe tantissimo leggere qualsiasi cosa che scrivi. Dovro' farlo qualcosa simile per tenere i miei parenti e i miei amici aggiornati sulla mia famiglia, ma lo trovo piu difficile scrivere che lo sembra per te. (ok, my italian grammar on that last part was pretty bad).
ti voglio tanto bene, cara amica
tammy s

Tina said...

I would love to follow your family as well Miriam!! =)

lucyshack said...

ciao tesoro. beh, io sono famiglia quindi penso che sarò inclusa nel tuo family blog...giusto? ti capisco e ti voglio tanto bene. Ho goduto leggerti quando riuscivo e vorrò continuare a farlo in qualsiasi maniera in cui continui. tanti abbracci, tesoro.

katherine said...

Please invite me when you do start a family blog. I love keeping up with you.

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

Since you are possibly letting this blog go, don't know if you are still reading comments or not. Just thinking of you today. {hugs}

karyn said...

yes please...