Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring has sprung!



A smile has been spreading across my face these past few days…after a few refreshing and thundering showers I now walk out to sunshine, a blue blue sky, and green, green everywhere! Lord, it is beautiful! There is something just awesome- as in awe inspiring- when spring finally comes…and why finally? I guess we all wait for it with hope and longing after a winter turns away from Christmas festivities and gaiety and in the hum-drum of everyday to-do lists, resolutions we strive to keep but sort of give up mid-January and the constant cold or cough we fight throughout February. Spring for me is afterall a new beginning for the earth! New buds, new birdies’ nest, new flowers and new hairdo J After all it should be a new beginning for us too as we start getting outside like sleepful but happy little bear cubs waking from their winter hibernation and looking forward to some fresh honey combs!

One thing I do not understand is why is a sprayed yard for ‘weeds’ better? Our yard, b/c it was contracted out to be sprayed in the front is a dull, ugly, sad pale yellow. It’s dead! Our neighbor’s yard might seem messy but I love it b/c it is GREEN! And it has these beautiful patches of wild flowers (that my husband says they are known as weeds….but they are much more interesting and beautiful to see in my opinion, at least they have color).

I keep thinking about things I want to do….take walks, bike rides, go to the lake, take pictures outside with my wonderful 21 month old, growing so big and smart, and also I day dream of bringing the beauty inside, capturing it and taking some treasures in there….fresh fruit grown from a farmers’ market, flowers and branches put in glass jars and vases in the house, sweet smelling breeze flowing through the house with with windows open wide to greet the fresh air. (If J-man can take it, since it seems that he might be fighting allergies right now, poor little man).

I am eager to enjoy this season. Where I live it doesn’t last very long till it gets pretty unbearably hot. I am at a coffee house while I write this and so thankful that they have chosen to open wide their windows and porch door and let in the cool night air. What a treat!

Enjoy your spring J

No comments: