Sunday, December 02, 2007

A friend in need: another Turners Syndrome baby girl

One a more trite note...I am sending this news out because I know many of you will pray and think about my friend A. She is a member of Hannah's Prayer, the support group I have been a part of since Gioia's loss. She just found out, after years of struggling with infertility and early miscarriages, that her unborn baby of 11 weeks has Turners Syndrome, the same condition our Gioia had. Please keep her and her husband in your thoughts and prayers. They have decided to continue the pregnancy, which I know as hard it will be it will be a blessing in the end. These 'imperfect' jewels are still a treasure for us, no matter how short and how deformed they might be. They struggle with the 'quality of life' issue that others have brought up (Drs., family), and I pray that all our minds and hearts will be open to reconsider that term, something we impose and not something that is necessary true for the children, and shouldn't be for us adults.

Just pray that they will have the support and the strenght...it is a hard journey, a hard path to walk, a path with so many unkwons and so much heartache....I pray we can hold them up and carry that pain.

Thanks.

Because of Heaven,
Miriam

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, I am praying. Has this been posted on HP? I will have to go look....how sad.

Thank you for your post on my blog. I certainly don't mind you posting there! I can use all the encouragement I can get.

Praying for you, sister.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for this family!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it on HP yet either. My childhood best friend has TS. She's now 27. I'll pray that if this baby must have it, that it would be a mild case.

Jen

Gioietta said...

HP sis: On HP it is in the PGafterLoss forum.