Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Celebrating life after death...in spite of death

My big sister is so special!
Oops one balloon popped!
Daddy is writing a love note to his girl

Today is Tuesday, 9/11, so many people are remembering, missing someone, wondering, pondering, or crying...and my heart breaks with them. And with the millions if not billions others around the world who has questioned the meaning of death and with that the meaning of life.

I meant to post this a week ago, on our daughter's fourth birthday. We call it her birthday, although she was stillborn. September 4, 2003. Can you believe we would have a four year old? It is hard to imagine. Harder to imagine what is she like to day. It is just hard to envision her existing, somewhere, where we can't see her, touch her, feel her, hear her...What is heaven? Is it the answer to our mysterious longing for a better life?

I know I shouldn't start all philosophical, not so late at night, because I can go round and round and round and never get off this merry go round. (On a side note: I am sorry I haven't posted in a long time...still getting in a routine now that I am back from my extended vacation and 'my' personal computer is a little old, a little slow, and doesn't work like the one I am used to...It is an antique as far as computers go, it's a windows 2000!!)

Above are some pictures of what we have done this past week for Gioia on her birthday. I would like to throw her a real party, and someday I hope I will be living the best party of my life with her by my side, but for now we can celebrate her with a few baloons and some homemade butterlfy-shaped sugar cookies. Celebrate her life that she lived, we wished she had lived more of, and the life she has, that I believe (Lord, help my unbelief) we all do in Christ, we all do in Love.

Once again, Happy Birthday my sweet Gioia, I hope you know that we love you, sometimes more than we can believe possible. We miss you so much and wish you were here. And in case you couldn't ever possibly wish you were on our side of things, that is okay. This is all I know for now and it is perfectly okay baby that you want to be where you are. I can't wait to be there with you too. I am so thankful for the gifts I have in your daddy and baby brother, family and friends, I dont' know what I would do without them. But it probably doesn't compare with Heaven. I love you sweet girl. You will always be my baby and I will always love you.

P.S. Thank you for all who have celebrated her this years and years past by letting me know how you haven't forgotten her either!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Miriam -- Can you believe I would have a twenty-year-old? October 10th would have been our first baby's twentieth birthday.

Sometimes it feels like yesterday and sometimes it seems like a different life. That was the first time I heard Kim Edwards' name. Friends and family told me about Terry's and her first little one.

Maybe all our babies are playing together. Maybe they've realized that their moms know each other.

Thank you for sharing. . . .

Anonymous said...

Remembering Gioia always!

Laura Butts

James and Ali said...

Sweet Miriam

Remembering Gioia with you and praying for you today. Thank you for your ongoing love and encouragement and example. I love you !

Amazing to see how much your little man has grown too!! Wow! Jeremiah is just gorgeous.Like his Momma.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Remembering you and Gioia.... Happy 4th Birthday Big girl....

and I would LOVE to see you before we leave for the trip!

Jessicca said...

Such a powerful loss Miriam. Thanks for sharing so openly. We love you!

lucyshack said...

Tesoro, vi amo tutti.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!