






Noto is part of the UNESCO, the UN's organization funded to preserve and promote places, cities, towns, buildings, monuments, etc. around the world that are considered important for our human heritage, that are most unique or speak most to the shared human experience in history. Noto is known for its elaborate baroque style of churches, buildings, town, all adorned with the details of little baroquean gorgi or sirens, which we saw many suspending balconies throughout the streets. I thought it was really neat the yellow stone they used, which was carved out directly from the canyon in which it the city stands. I think the last picture we are still in Taormina.
6 comments:
O, si', speravo di vedere delle foto...sono appena tornata da Michigan oggi, ma addesso sto pensando all'Italia....Why am I writing to you in Italian? I have just got to get over there in the next year, if not I fear something terrible will happen inside me! Kind of like a lack of oxygen does something to the brain, a lack of Italy might do something to my heart!
I want to look more at these later when not so tired. Can hardly wait.
I keep thinking how much you remind me of your zia Donna.
Bella donna che sei. :-)
P.S. Does the sign say "noto ti fa bene"? If so, how funny.
un caro abbraccio a tutti voi da tuo cugino emanuele.
p.s.: zio tony su quel murales รจ molto cool!!
Beautiful pictures! Some of them look like paintings they're so beautiful. Yet another place to add to our list to visit someday.
Your photos are awesome! I am so glad you had a nice trip!
... and you're being tagged, b/c I know you will actually participate (right? LOL). Check out my blog for details ...
very nice pics darling.
If you want see and learn other about our island, visit our blog: http://siciliae.myblog.it/
bye ;)
Post a Comment