
Last week I watched on my own, while J-man was down for his nap, the movie that was released last year I believe, based on E.B. White's novel: Charlotte's Web.
I cried! The tears were just streaming down my face without me realizing it. I got to read that book. I have forgotten that part of my childhood. I think this book is definitely meant not for children but most especially for grumpy and negative adults like I have been tending to be too often!
I think my mother might have read this book to me as a child, or perhaps she read part of it? Whichever the case I do know that when I was young and I, who have a tendency to dislike and even fear spiders, no matter how small and innocuous, crying out for her to "DO SOMETHING THERE IS A SPIDER!!!" and asking her to mercilessly kill it and take it away from my sight, she would just look at me with calm and determinations and say "Oh, let's not kill the spider...it might be Charlotte!"
And that will always make me stop and think...what a silly mother I have!!
But now, it is such a beautiful silly and fun memory of my mom. Though no spiders have come my way I hope to be able to say "Shalom to you, creepy crawly friend" and not think anything about it...Unless it is more CREEPY than friendly looking...I am going to have to work on this still guys..
Charlotte, I am so sorry. Please forgive me!
(very grateful indeed that no eight legged creature has come my way yet, especially after the episode my sister-in-law went through...being bit by a spider in HER own bed. And btw, Elle, when I was staying at your place for Thanksgiving, and you guys let us sleep in your bed...I had Jon check underneath the covers a couple of times!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment