Monday, October 30, 2006

The Constant of Change

Yes we moved. We had a baby, we made BIG plan changes, and we moved back to Searcy. Never thought we would, but here we are. I am hopeful, if not even excited, about some of the changes. First Jon is going to go back to school and get a second B.A. in Computer Science at Harding. He is now working in the IT department, learning about computers and such. All that kind of stuff (programming, software, web development) that goes way above my head. Glad he is the logic one, the one I turn to when I have problems with my blog or email :)
This is the reason behind the move. We don't plan to stay here any longer than what it takes Jon to get his degree and than find a job and a place where we can make a difference. We still want to do that. Though we have no idea how.

It hurts a little to change. We had planned to go to Milano, Italy, and work with the Shorts there. We wish we could, but Jon is not ready. His heart is not yet confident in what God's purpose is for him. And I am proud of him for stepping up, admitting such a difficult thing about himself, and realizing that he must 'seek' out what God has in store for him and for us as a family. It takes courage to change and do what is right, even when it hurts.

It has been emotional, this change. I miss Italy, and desire to go back there (although I know that in my mind I probably have it painted much nicer than what it really would be). I miss our friends and we hurt for the Church there, wanting to encourage and love them. But I am reminded of my vows: "Where you go I will go" and I am learning to stay faithful to them, both physically, but also emotionally and menatlly. Learning to become one is an everday process.

5 comments:

Wrye Family said...

Hey Miriam,

I really like the new look! Thanks for being faithful to me throughout all the changes! I love you forever!!!

Wrye Family said...

I love you too honey! I will follow you to the other side of the universe!

Anonymous said...

Miriam,

Sometime we can 'talk' (maybe email) about this topic. Bob was out of the Navy for 5 years and promised me I would never move again...then he signed back on with the Navy knowing I did NOT want to do this and with NO discussion between us. It was not pretty & I seriously considered not going with him. This being one thing is sometimes _really, really_ hard!! gk

Anonymous said...

PS-Thank you for no more pink!!! 8^)

Wrye Family said...

You are welcome for the no more pink. I din't want to offend you with your artistic talent there! I remember Ellen telling me about the ordeal you went through with your dh going back into navy. So happy you stayed with him though! That is what marriage is all about.